Seven European low-cost destinations
If at this point of the game you are tired of seeing how your friends enjoy idyllic summer vacations – and they restrict it every 10 minutes on Instagram – while you are resigned working in the office, today we show you seven perfect European destinations to make an express getaway Take advantage of the impending bridge (next August 15) to visit a new city without affecting your checking account . Are you ready? It’s time to pack your bags.
With a historic center declared a World Heritage Site in 1997, Riga is one of those magical cities that catch for its simplicity and beauty. Capital of Latvia, this city stands out for housing the largest number of art nouveau (modernist) buildings in the world.
- What to see The Church of San Pedro, as well as the house of the Blackheads, are two of the most tourist attractions. If you have time, do not forget to visit the Central Market and the Freedom Monument.
- Where to sleep? If what you want is an unbeatable value for money and you don’t need great luxuries to stay, the Jūrnieks hotel is made for you.
Getting lost in the old town of Krakow is wonderful, so it is no wonder that it was declared a World Heritage Site. It is considered one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, and it is not for less. It is perfect to visit on a weekend, although if you have more days… better.
- What to see Wawel Castle, Krakow’s Market Square, St. Mary’s Basilica, a walk through the Planty Park … This city offers endless places to visit to make your stay filled with leisure and culture.
- Where to sleep? If you travel alone and you know that you want to go to a hostel, Das Hostel is the best option: for only 7 euros you will have a bed in one of its shared rooms. Although if you go as a couple the Lubomirskiego 23 Residence apartments are perfect for an idyllic stay where the design merges with a good price.
St. Petersburg, Russia
St. Petersburg is one of those cities that must be visited at least once in a lifetime. Be amazed by the majesty of the Church of the Savior on spilled blood, the Peterhof Palace or its Nevsky Avenue. And don’t leave it for later: in summer it is the best time (because of the polar cold that lurks in winter).
- What to see There is much to see although the St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, the Palace Square, and the Hermitage Museum are must-see.
- Where to sleep? For less than 55 euros we can stay at Nomera na Nevskom 111, a hotel located in the center of St. Petersburg.
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague has something that makes it unique and magical. It is a perfect romantic city to visit it for a week and be amazed by its bucolic streets. In addition, its historic center, Staré Město, was named a World Heritage Site.
- What to see The Astronomical Clock, the Cathedral, the castle or the Charles Bridge are some of the main attractions.
- Where to sleep? The Mosaic House is perfect to go alone or accompanied as it offers private rooms and to share. Although if you prefer, Gregory House offers simple apartments but at a great price.
The third-largest city in France falls in love, and his visit does not disappoint anyone. In 1998 UNESCO named a large part of the city as a World Heritage Site and getting lost in its Renaissance and medieval streets becomes the best of plans.
- What to see The essentials of Lyon come from the hand of the Notre-Dame de Fourvière Basilica, the Fourvière hill, the Bellecour square, the medieval Cathedral and stroll through the Vieux Lyon neighborhood.
- Where to sleep? Residhotel Lyon Part Dieu is located in the heart of the financial district of Lyon offering comfort, simplicity and a good price.
Oh, beautiful Italy! , a perfect country to visit 365 days a year. Although it receives millions of tourists in summer, it is always a good option to approach one of its crowded and magical cities. Milan is cool, more if you go to spend an unforgettable weekend.
- What to see Is it your first time in the city? You can not miss its great Gothic cathedral, visit the Basilica of San Ambrose, dream in the middle of Via Montenapoleone or stroll through the Vittorio Emanuele II gallery. At night go to the Navigli neighborhood and enjoy its famous snacks.
- Where to sleep? Milan is well known, but if we move away from the center we will find places with an unbeatable value for money. An example? The B & B Hotel Milano San Siro, 5 minutes from the metro stop San Siro Stadium and a 15 – minute drive from the Rho exhibition center.
Let it be clear to you: Portugal is always a good idea and Porto has become one of your favorite cities. There are so many plans that this small city offers that you will never get bored: stroll along the Ribeira at sunset, hallucinate with the sunset from the Luis I bridge, get on one of its historic trams and taste a francesinha (a sandwich of the most overwhelming).
- What to see Marvel at the Lello bookstore, visit the Porto Stock Exchange palace or fall in love with its Romanesque cathedral. Although only by walking through its streets one can fall in love completely with the city, its culture, and its people.
- Where to sleep? If you are one of those traveling alone in the world, Urban Garden Porto Central Hostel will be your place of pilgrimage, although if you want privacy the Moov Hotel Porto Norte is perfect.
What destination do you stay with?