At Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport, one of our top priorities is ensuring a cleaner, more healthy environment for our guests, employees and future generations by implementing environmentally responsible practices in every aspect of our hotel, from the original design to the day-to-day operations.
Opened on Earth Day, April 22, 2010, our property is the only full-service hotel in South Carolina that has been designed specifically for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification—the nationally recognized standard for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings. Our eco-friendly hotel in West Columbia, SC is not only safer and more healthful for guests and employees in our hotel, but also in the surrounding area. Green building and operating help to lower greenhouse gas emissions and contributes to a healthier environment for the community.
- State-of-the-art ventilation system to improve air quality
- Energy recovery technology used to temper outside air with the air exhausted from the hotel
- Storm water design using underground water cistern for irrigation
- Tankless hot water heaters and traction elevators for energy efficiency
- High-efficiency fixtures to reduce water usage
- Construction waste minimized through recycling practices
- Use of low emitting volatile organic compound (VOC) paints, adhesives and carpets to reduce indoor air contamination
- Smoke-free facility
- Solar panels to heat water and reduce energy on a highly reflective roof
- Recycling program in every guest room
- Interior of hotel designed with all recycled materials
- Saltwater filtered swimming pool to eliminate the need for chemical use in the pool
- South Carolina Green Hospitality Alliance: Three Palmetto Certified
- EcoRooms & EcoSuites Certified
- Fresh Stay Certified
- Lexington County Green Business Member
- Columbia’s Climate Protection Action Committee Business Member
- South Carolina Hospitality Alliance: Stars of the Industry Awards – Good Earthkeeping Award Winner
Please visit our Media page to read the latest news and press releases for our green hotel in West Columbia, SC. For more information about our green practices, please contact us at 803-391-4000 or toll-free at 800-465-4329.